Victims of Sexual Abuse Do Not Need to Suffer in Silence Any Longer.
Sexual abuse victims in Maryland can now seek justice with confidence under a new law, regardless of when their abuse occurred.
Were You Sexually Abused?
Sexually Abused by Clergy, Coaches, Teachers, Family or Others?
No matter when it happened, no matter who did it…Schochor and Staton can help you seek justice! You May Be Entitled to Compensation.
The Recognized Leaders in Sexual Abuse Cases in Maryland
Schochor and Staton are experts in leading Sexual Abuse litigation. We represented over 8,000 victims and WON a $190 Million Settlement* against Johns Hopkins, the largest Sexual Abuse case in Maryland history. Learn more about this case.
Why Schochor and Staton Can Help You
- Comprehension of the damages suffered by survivors of sexual abuse: We have a deep understanding of the physical, emotional, and psychological harm that sexual abuse can cause and its long-lasting effects on survivors’ lives.
- Awareness of current laws and news concerning sexual abuse: Our law firm keeps up-to-date with the latest laws and news related to clergy sexual abuse, ensuring that we are well-informed and equipped to handle your case.
- Recognition of the long-term impact of sexual abuse: We understand that the effects of sexual abuse can be profound and may persist throughout a survivor’s life.
Legal Support for Survivors of Sexual Abuse: How Our Law Firm Can Help Manage Your Case
- Respectful consideration of your privacy and well-being: We recognize that sexual abuse is always a sensitive matter regardless of when it occurred. Our law firm handles cases of sexual abuse with the utmost care for our clients’ privacy. If you prefer to have minimal involvement in the case, we will respect your wishes.
- Tailored legal representation: Each case of clergy abuse is unique and requires a personalized legal approach. Our law firm will provide customized legal services, tailored to your specific circumstances. We will handle your case in the way that you prefer, as you are the one who will be most impacted by the outcome.
- Experienced and knowledgeable legal team: Our commitment to fighting for the rights of sexual abuse survivors has given us valuable experience in handling cases like yours. You can have peace of mind knowing that your legal team is well-versed in sexual abuse cases.
- Accessible legal assistance: We believe that finances should not be a barrier to justice. Our law firm does not require any upfront or out-of-pocket costs to hire our services. We only receive attorney’s fees if we successfully win or settle your case.
About the New Maryland Law in April 2023
The lawmakers in Maryland passed a bill that would remove the statute of limitations for victims of child sexual abuse. This new law came within an hour of the release of an investigative report that exposed decades of abuse within Maryland churches.
Read the Attorney General’s full report on child abuse in the Archdiocese of Baltimore.
National News Coverage of Our Previous Settlements
Schochor and Staton, PA is an award-winning law firm dedicated to obtaining compensation for clients and their families who have experienced sexual abuse and injury at the hands of those in whom they placed their trust. If you are a survivor, reach out to 410-234-1000 or contact us today. We can help.