- There is nothing more vital than health and wellness. The physicians, institutions, and companies in which patients place their trust have an enormous responsibility to do no harm.
- When that responsibility is violated and patients suffer as a result, those individuals and institutions need to be held accountable.
- Schochor and Staton, P.A. has decades of experiencing fighting for justice on behalf of injured patients – obtaining compensation while creating a better, safer healthcare system.
In addition to our Medical Malpractice expertise, Schochor and Staton, P.A. has extensive experience litigating against physicians or institutions that through large-scale, systemic failures have harmed their patients. We recognize the sensitivity of many of these situations and work to protect the privacy and wellbeing of our clients.
As advocates for those who are injured by the negligence and harmful intent of others, our law firm has fought and won cases against healthcare institutions and medical professionals, including:
- Nikita Levy: An obstetrician and gynecologist at Johns Hopkins Community Medicine in Baltimore committed suicide after allegations of his abuse of patients came to light. More than 8,000 women were believed to have been abused during his 25-year tenure with the hospital. Heading the class-action lawsuit in this case, our firm achieved a $190 million settlement for his victims.
- Earl Bradley: This Delaware pediatrician was convicted in 2011 of sexually assaulting his former patients. Our class action lawsuit recovered $123 million for more than 900 child victims of sexual abuse. Dr. Bradley was sentenced to 14 consecutive life terms plus another 164 years in prison.