Victims of Obstetric Negligence Deserve Aggressive Representation from Experienced Lawyers A team of Washington D.C. and Maryland medical malpractice attorneys are ready to take your call
Proper obstetric care is essential to the health of women and their babies during pregnancy. Regular doctor visits allow the physician to monitor the mother and child. When obstetricians fail to meet their duty of care, the results can prove tragic for the mother, baby, or both. If you or your newborn were injured due to the negligence of an obstetrician, the law firm Schochor, Federico and Staton, P.A. has the knowledge and experience to successfully fight for the compensation you deserve for your birth injury case.
Forms of obstetric negligence
Obstetric care involves various areas of pregnancy, including infertility, gestation, labor, delivery, and immediate post-delivery care. In each of these stages, women rely on their obstetrician to provide them accurate advice and guidance toward the goal of a successful birth. When a physician fails to meet a professional duty of care for the patient, he or she may be found negligent and liable for any resulting injuries.
Some common obstetric negligence errors include:
- Improper advice regarding infertility
- Failure to conduct regular testing during pregnancy
- Wrongly administered medication during pregnancy
- Failure to diagnose a dangerous condition during pregnancy
- Failure to properly treat pregnancy-related complications
- Improper pain management during labor and delivery
- Utilizing improper delivery techniques
- Failure to timely perform a cesarean section