Gynecological Malpractice Victims Deserve Aggressive Representation from Experienced Lawyers Medical malpractice attorneys in Washington D.C. and Baltimore advocate for your rights
Gynecological care is essential for the health and wellbeing of women throughout their lives. Improper care, diagnosis, and treatment can have life-altering physical and psychological consequences. Women trust their gynecologists to take an extra measure of concern and confidentiality and to respect their privacy. Gynecologists are expected to exercise a reasonable standard of care and sensitivity when treating patients. If your physician failed to do this, the medical malpractice lawyers at Schochor, Federico, and Staton, P.A. have the knowledge and experience to successfully fight for the compensation you deserve.
What is Gynecological Malpractice?
Gynecological care specializes in the female reproductive system. This includes general reproductive health. Gynecologists are responsible for diagnosing problems in a reasonable amount of time and providing the most appropriate manner of treatment. In addition, the reproductive and sexual health needs of women change throughout the various stages of life, so gynecologists must take a woman’s age into account in order to provide appropriate care. Some common gynecological malpractice errors include:
- Failure to timely diagnose breast, uterine, ovarian or cervical cancers
- Wrongly administered hormone therapy treatments
- Errors during surgical procedures, such as hysterectomy, cyst removal, or tubal ligation
- Complications from abortion procedures
- Hemorrhage, bowel and/or bladder perforation or injury
- Contraception complications
Possible consequences of gynecological malpractice include:
- Metastasis of cancer
- Damage to the urinary system, resulting in long-term incontinence
- Infertility and sterility
- Damage to the reproductive system
- Psychological and sexual dysfunctions