Kerry Staton is proud to add Lawyer of Distinction to his already lengthy list of honors and recognitions. Becoming a Lawyer of Distinction is not an easy process. Using a proprietary analysis, the association recognizes less than 10% of attorneys in any given state. Being honored as a Lawyer of Distinction requires independent research, exhaustive vetting, and peer recognition. Mr. Staton was nominated by a peer for the honor of recognition as a Lawyer of Distinction.
In order for Mr. Staton to be presented with this esteemed award, he had to undergo a rigorous selection process that included the following:
- Nomination: First, an attorney must be entered into the candidate pool. This can be accomplished by peer recognition, completion of the available application, or through identification by the Lawyers of Distinction selection committee.
- Independent research: Once an application or recommendation is received, Lawyers of Distinction conducts rigorous independent research to determine if a candidate meets the necessary criteria to receive this honor. Candidates are vetted based on their professional achievements and awards, as well as peer recommendations. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Previous honors and awards
- Case results
- Special certifications
- Representative clients
- Professional activities
- Educational background
- Pro bono and community service
- Scholarly lectures and writings
- Any other outstanding achievements
- Ethics review and background check: After a candidate qualifies based on independent research, they must pass a stringent ethics review and background check. To be considered as a Lawyer of Distinction, applicants cannot have any ethics violations on their record in the last 10 years.
- Final selection: Lawyers who meet the criteria set by the Lawyers of Distinction are accepted for membership. However, no more than 10% of attorneys in each state may receive this honor.
Among clients and peers alike, Kerry Staton is known for providing outstanding legal counsel. Emboldened and impassioned by his mother’s terrible medical malpractice experience, Kerry Staton continues to fight for injury victims in the Maryland and Washington D.C. area.
Committed legal support and guidance when you or a loved one suffers injury from a medical mistake
Schochor and Staton, P.A. has more than three decades of successful experience helping individuals and families recover from the pain and loss of medical malpractice. From offices in Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, Maryland, our legal team serves clients across the US who suffer injury due to the medical negligence of others. Contact us or call 410-234-1000 to schedule a free consultation.