For more than 37 years, Mr. Schochor has shepherded Schochor, Staton, Goldberg, and Cardea, P.A. as its founding and managing partner into the premiere plaintiffs medical malpractice firm in Maryland, if not the country. His legal knowledge, trial skills and business acumen combine to form a formidable prowess at the Bar which has led to overwhelming success for clients of the firm. He consistently demonstrates a superior intellect, matched only by his commitment to the highest ethical standards and a personal interest in every client of the firm. His accomplishments have been recognized as follows:
• Best Lawyers of America named him 2015 Lawyer of the Year- Baltimore Plaintiffs’ Medical Malpractice;
• The Maryland Association for Justice named him 2015 Trial Lawyer of the Year;
• The Daily Record recognized him as one of the 2015 Influential Marylanders;
• SmartCEO bestowed the 2015 Cornerstone Award in Baltimore;
• The Daily Record recognized him with the Leadership in Law Award in 2015, the Icon Award in 2021, and the Power 30 Law in 2022;
• Best Lawyers in America named him Lawyer of the Year (Baltimore) in 2021;
• Top 100 Lawyers which named him Attorney of the Year in 2021;
• The Roundtable Magazine presented him with their Certificate of Achievement in 2021;
• Marquis Who’s Who presented him with the Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award in 2018, which is presented to less than 5% of their Listees and is bestowed on the basis of career longevity, philanthropic endeavors, and lasting contributions to society.
Mr. Schochor has always been active in philanthropy as well. He sits on the Board of the Kristen Rita Strouse Foundation, a charitable organization devoted to avoiding teen suicide, as well as the Life and Breath Foundation which raises funds to find a cure for sarcoidosis. In addition, through his stewardship, he and the firm have donated to more than 100 other charities.
Clearly, Jonathan Schochor has been a preeminent leader at the Bar in Maryland, in philanthropy and other community service, for the last 48 years. Based upon his innumerable achievements in all areas described and his unwavering commitment to the rule of law and professionalism among practitioners, we wish him congratulations on this Lifetime Achievement.