Jean-Luc Cairon, a French gymnastics coach from Tulsa, Oklahoma was arrested May 10th, 2021 after being accused of sexually abusing girls aged 10-14 that he’s coached since 1990.
- The crimes are alleged to have started as early as the 1990s until January 2021.
- Jean-Luc Cairon previously coached at Kraft Academy of Gymnastics in Tulsa and South County Gymnastics (SOCO).
- Cairon was also an assistant gymnastics coach at Arizona State University from 2008-2010.
- Cairon has been involved in gymnastics since he was seven years old.
- Cairon was a member of the French Olympic team for the 1984 and 1988 Summer Olympic Games and holds three national titles (1983, 1984, 1987).
- The children he allegedly abused ranged from 10 to 14 years of age at the time.
- The Tulsa Police Department Child Crisis Unit is investigating the matter.
- Several victims have spoken out about the abuse.
- One girl said she was sexually abused by Cairon for three years, beginning in 2018.
- Another girl said Carion touched her inappropriately during both practice and outside of practice starting in January 2020 and lasting about a year. She was 14 years old at the time.
- Another girl who is now 28, said her abuse began when she was 13 and occurred between 2005 and 2006.
- Three more of Cairon’s athletes from the 1990s and 2000s have come forward alleging they, too, were abused by Cairon while attending Kraft Academy.
Call Schochor, Staton, Goldberg and Cardea, P.A. if you have been abused
If you have suffered sexual abuse, you may wonder about obtaining justice for the terrible harm done to you. When you take your concerns to the police, a criminal investigation is initiated. Our firm, on the other hand, develops and pursues strong civil actions against the perpetrators who harm and abuse our clients.
Sexual assault takes many forms, and it can happen to anyone. The person who assaulted you may be someone you never thought would hurt you, and that no one would ever suspect. You may have been afraid to say anything for many reasons. The individual may have been connected to a school, church, or other organization that seemed too big for you to make a complaint. We understand, and we want to help.
Schochor, Staton, Goldberg and Cardea, P.A. doggedly pursues money damages and other remedies for sexual assault and abuse on behalf of our clients, their families, and our communities. Listed in the Bar Register for Preeminent Lawyers and awarded the highest rating from legal ranking agency, Martindale-Hubbell, Schochor, Staton, Goldberg and Cardea, P.A. is a trusted law firm dedicated to protecting your right to compensation after injury caused by the harmful intentions and negligence of other parties.